not all those who wander are lost

"NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST."
J.R.R. TOLKIEN

KAPAPAMAHCHAKWEW
Cree leader, Wandering Spirit

Saturday, November 14, 2015

DOES THE DAMN THING WORK?

POST #190

Being back in Vancouver for a while has allowed me to comb through the extremely limited collection of things that for one reason or another, I still have some difficulty parting with. Among that collection are a few books, including a rare book of fiction.  Rare, in the fact that fiction is not something that I spend much time reading these days.  However, this book made the cut many years ago when I was focused on everything Antarctic.  I was in the planning stages of a solo expedition to that continent, so anything even remotely related to Antarctica, caught my attention.  It was easy for this book to do so, because the title of it is "Antarctica."  Included in this work of fiction is a flow chart (see below), and having come across it again, I now realize why I have held on to this book for so long.  No matter how often I look at the flow chart, it makes me laugh, and that's a good thing.  Plus, I think there is some wisdom to be found here as well.  Now that the chart is here on my blog, it will be easy to let go of the book.  One less thing to own.  Bit by bit, my road to simplicity continues.



Maybe if humans had had the wisdom of this chart 10,000 years ago, or 5000 years, or even prior to the discovery of fossil fuels, we wouldn't find ourselves in the predicament we are now in.

Now, here we are in late 2015 and I think that there are an ever increasing amount of humans who might be feeling like the goat in the photo below.

A PHOTO I TOOK WHILE ON A BIKE JOURNEY YEARS AGO IN NEW ZEALAND

The goat is trying to convey to all those condo owners in Miami Florida, that maybe it's time to get to higher ground while they still can.

I think that's enough for today.

Happy trails,
Paul
The Thoughtful Wanderer

No comments:

Post a Comment